Norwich home sells at auction with over 30 bids - but for how much?
- Credit: Brown & Co
An Edwardian house in Norwich attracted more than 30 bids at an online auction earlier this week, as both property and land went under the hammer with Brown & Co.
More than 30 bids were made for the five-bedroom house on Eaton Road, which sold for £757,000.
Peter Hornor, head of auctions at Brown & Co in Norwich, said: “We are thrilled with the results of our autumn sale. We sold 18 out of 19 lots on the day and one sold prior.
“The results show auctions are an outstanding way of maximizing results for our clients – the land sales far exceeded all our expectations and the residential property sales were very gratifying.”
Other lots included a mid-terraced house in Aylsham Road, guided at £150,000-£175,000 which sold for £235,000 after 52 bids.
A building offering a number of ground floor offices in London Road, King’s Lynn attracted 30 bids and sold for £266,000 over a guide of £225,000-£250,000.
Overall, parcels of land attracted the most interest, with a 1.75 acre field in Bloomstile Lane, Salthouse, selling at £107,500 after 80 bids - despite a guide of just £20,000-£30,000.
You may also want to watch:
Another parcel of land measuring 2.75 acres, set out as paddocks, in Thornham Road, Methwold sold for £138,000 with 44 bids.
A townhouse in Chapelfield North, Norwich, was the only lot to remain unsold at the end of the auction.
For more information about selling or buying a property at auction, contact Peter Hornor at Brown & Co on 01603 629871.
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash