Broadland Housing consulting with Edgefield villagers over plans to build 22 new homes
- Credit: PA
A village field could be turned into new homes by a housing association.
Broadland Housing is consulting with residents in Edgefield, near Holt, about building 22 properties on the edge of the village off Rectory Road.
It is also in discussion with North Norfolk District Council, which will consider the application, after it has been submitted.
The proposal has so far been discussed in the village at public meetings with Broadland Housing staff.
A Broadland Housing spokesman said no plans were 'set in stone' during the consultation phase.
You may also want to watch:
But she said the current proposal was for 22 homes - 10 of which would be on the open market, four would be for shared ownership and eight would be for affordable rent.
Joyce Tinsley, 71, from Barningham Road in Edgefield, said she and her husband were concerned about the development bringing more traffic onto the busy main road through the village.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
She said: 'We are quite happy with the village as it is. We don't know who will come and buy them because there is no shop in the village and not many amenities. We are not that keen on having the houses.'
She added the couple, as well as other villagers, were concerned the housing development would encroach onto a public footpath from the Norwich Road to Rectory Road, used by many villagers.
Edgefield Parish Council clerk Kirsty Cotgrove said she had not received any negative comments from residents.