Bracondale ‘flag station’ in Norwich could be yours for £575,000
- Credit: Archant
This pretty period house in Norwich known locally as the Bracondale 'flag station' is for sale for £575,000.
Talking to the owners of this Victorian townhouse, who bought it 14 years ago, it quickly became apparent that it really was a lifestyle choice for them.
They had moved around a lot because of a military job but finally it was time 'to bring my Norwich girl home,' and they returned to finally put down roots.
You can tell the owners have really loved living in this house which is very quiet because it is set back from Bracondale with a long front path and garden.
You walk through the little black wrought iron gate to the period front door and once inside, you really feel far removed from the city centre yet you can walk to John Lewis. So, forget queuing for the sales - you can leave the car at home.
You may also want to watch:
Much of the main living quarters is situated to the rear which includes a lovely kitchen/breakfast room which was extended out into a rear garden room boasting a large vine which apparently produces lots of grapes.
Those who have served in the armed forces will be familiar with the tradition of raising and lowering flags at sunrise and sunset each day.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Well, this tradition has been continued at the unofficial 'flag station' where the owners hoist a variety of flags.
It started as a hobby but has attracted so much attention from interested passers-by that people now come just to see which flag is flying and the owners have needed to put a small notice board explaining the reason for the flag of the day.
Some times a flag is flown for a light hearted reason and birthdays of local residents as well as historic dates in the calendar are also celebrated.
So, if you buy this house, you may need to continue the tradition.
The flag aside, this house offers lots of flexibility in that it has a really good sized cellar which is a hobby room but could be an extra bedroom or office.
There is also a workshop/office at the bottom of the garden which leads into a garage and there is also off road parking.
The rear garden is perfectly sized for anyone who doesn't want acres and acres to look after and inside, this house has been very well looked after over the years.
At the front is a formal drawing room and upstairs there are three good sized bedrooms and a study.
This is a charming house absolutely ideal for enjoying city life because of its location and properties like this just are not coming onto the market very often because people just don't want to move from them.
You can enjoy a period home with its extra facilities and know amenities are close by as well as the ability to walk into the city or drive out if commuting.
That's worth putting out the flag for.
• 40 Bracondale is for sale for £575,000 with Strutt & Parker on 01603 617431