Quirky Arts and Crafts lodge with 'eyebrow windows' for sale
- Credit: Sowerbys
A character property in Norfolk built as a lodge to a historic hall and with feature windows like eyes is for sale for £485,000.
Home Farm Lodge in Cromer, in one-third of an acre with fabulous countryside views, was formerly the lodge to Cromer Hall, built in the early 1900s.
From the front it has arches over its top windows - a characteristic 'eyebrow' design of the Arts and Crafts period.
Inside it has four bedrooms and an original retro pink bathroom - one of the coloured suites making a comeback.
Agents Sowerbys state: "This fine period property showcases a variety of classic architectural styles with an intricate red-brick facade, ornate decorative elevations and unusual multi-paned windows.
"A later extension to the original house has increased the overall size to around 1800ft sq to include a detached garage/workshop and garden room.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be more than fair to say that the property would now benefit from complete renovation but if offers a wonderful opportunity to put your own stamp on a unique period home."
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman