Buy a home where an Oscar winning actor used to go to school
A fabulous apartment is for sale in the 'Notting Hill of Norwich' in a Georgian building where a famous actor used to go to school.
A three bedroom apartment is for sale in part of a Georgian building in the city centre which used to be the Norwich High School for Boys.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
The apartment, for sale for a guide price of £360,000, is in a converted building where the late actor Sir John Mills was a pupil. He famously said he was bullied at school and carved his initials into the wall.
The property looks out over towards the Roman Catholic cathedral, tucked away beside St Giles Church and close to a line of shops and restaurants including Hickman's in an area of the city often called the 'Notting Hill of Norwich.'
The first floor, hall entrance, duplex apartment has period features but has been converted into a modern apartment with a kitchen, a sitting room with three large Georgian windows and a split level ground floor leading to a double bedroom and a recently refurbished bathroom which has a free standing bath and a white marble walk-in shower.
The spacious hall then leads through into a study/library room which shares the cathedral view, and off which is a second double bedroom.
A door opens onto the stairs up to the master bedroom in the loft, which is lit by three large skylights. The apartment also comes with a cellar for additional storage and outside, a shared shed for bicycles. At the rear of the development there is an attractive mature garden.
For more information contact Abbotts on 01603 905033.