Photo gallery: From the archive - Norwich City V Manchester United over the years
Here is a look back at our archive photo collection of Norwich City V Manchester United ahead of their game Saturday 17 Nov, 5:30pm
City's first League win at Old Trafford came at their 16th attempt, in 1986. City beat Manchester United at Carrow Road in April 2005, ending a 10 match run against Man Utd without a win – however, City were relegated at season's end. Players for both clubs include Ted MacDougall, Steve Bruce and Phil Mulryne.
Our first match dates from 28th September 1974, when City won 2-0, earning promotion to Division 1 at season's end, along with Man Utd. Our second match was played on the 30th of April 1983, ending with a 1-1 draw. Our third match, from the Premiership, dates from 5th April 1993, when City lost 1-3, though they finished third in the table.
You may also want to watch:
To view the gallery, click the link at the top right of the page.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 'We loved our East Anglian holiday so much - we bought the company'