Part two of the Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2013 finalists
- Credit: Angela Sharpe
The nominations poured in, the judges spent weeks deliberating and now we can reveal the finalists in the EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2013.
From the chef of the year to the county's outstanding achiever, Norfolk's food and drink hero to outstanding customer service and the plough to plate champion to the pride of Norfolk, today we reveal the best of the best. STACIA BRIGGS reports.
Norfolk's reputation as the star ingredient in Britain's storecupboard has ensured a huge number of entries to this year's prestigious EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards.
In around a fortnight, the winners of each of the 12 categories in this year's awards will finally be unveiled at a night of celebration to be held at the Norfolk Showground Arena.
You may also want to watch:
Every nomination proved to us just how important the food, drink and hospitality industry is in our county. Sifting the entries to find just four finalists in each category was difficult, but the decisions have now been made and we can announce the shortlist.
All the finalists play their part in ensuring that Norfolk is the envy of Britain when it comes to spectacular produce, artisan enterprises, fabulous dining experiences and top-drawer service.
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Boss says sorry for fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
- 10 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
At the Norfolk Showground, guests will enjoy a locally-produced, seasonal three-course dinner prepared by Julie Abbs Catering, based at East Lexham near King's Lynn which will include a palate competition to test the taste buds of the cream of the county's culinary experts.
The showground's arena will also be packed with stallholders showcasing the best of Norfolk's produce, including Yare Valley Oils, the English Whisky Company, Norfolk Finest Foods, Norfolk Cordial, Jubberwacky and Apitherapy, Fielding Cottage, Candi's Chutney and Bray's Cottage Pork Pies.
The event will be hosted by Angi Kennedy, editor of EDP Norfolk, and BBC presenter David Whiteley.
The EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2013 form part of the EDP Norfolk Adnams Food and Drink Festival which runs from August 31 to October 6. For more details, visit www.norfolkfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk and www.edp24.co.uk/what-s-on/norfolk-food-and-drink-festival where you will find recipes, quizzes, interviews and more.
There will be full coverage of the EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2013 in the EDP on September 10 and in EDP Norfolk magazine.