Were you a fancy dresser?
- Credit: Archant Library
They knew how to dress up years ago... and these wonderful old outfits would have all been handmade.
No popping into a shop and coming away with a fancy costume in those days.
Mums and dads, brothers and sisters, grannies and grandpas worked long and hard to make sure their family members looked the part.
We think these pictures were taken at celebrations and street parties in and around Norwich in days gone - by perhaps the 1920s.
At the drop of a hat, out would come the bunting, crepe paper and community spirit, which welded so many streets in the city and across the county.
Any excuse was used, from a royal event, a victory, a jubilee or a new arrival at number 13.
The costumes were put together, the sandwiches and cakes were made and a good time was had by all.
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 3 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 4 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 5 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 6 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 7 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 8 'Unusual' cottage for sale in one of Norfolk's smuggling villages
- 9 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 10 'Emotional experience' as couple reopen swimming pool to the public
And just look at the amount of work which went into producing these outfits. The boys and girls were the star attractions but the grown-ups also dressed up and joined in the fun.
No telly to keep them indoors in those days.
Have a close look and see if you can recognise anyone. You may even have your own copy hidden away in an album at home.
Please get in touch. We would love to put some names to the faces. And perhaps you have some photographs to share with our readers.
We would also like to see any photographs you have taken at a celebration which was a major occasion at most schools in Norfolk and Norwich and is now no more...Empire Day.
Drop me a line at email@example.com or write to me at Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich NR1 1RE.