Norfolk’s Daniel Craig lookalike is the man with the golden James Bond job
It was a trip to the cinema with his wife that sparked a new career for Daniel Craig lookalike Steve Wright.In five years he has travelled to Dubai, Monte Carlo and Berlin to appear at events.
Mr Wright, 44, who lives in Hellesdon, with his wife, Stacy, said: 'In 2007 when Casino Royale came out, my wife said I looked a bit like him. She runs an Abba tribute act and she suggested that I took photos and sent them to one of the agencies. I sent them off and received quite a bit of interest.'
He headed straight to London's Savile Row and bought himself a tailored Gieves and Hawkes suit and Kurt Geiger shoes
Since 2007 he has worked at events around the globe – from meet and greets to parties and James Bond-themed events.
'I have been pretty busy – when Quantum of Solace came out things were very busy. I went to Dubai for a screening
You may also want to watch:
'It's very bizarre. A few weeks ago I was launching the new Mercedes A-class in a nightclub in Spain.
'The job is good fun.'
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
He starred in Quantum of Solace as an MI5 agent and met Dame Judi Dench and Daniel Craig.
And when he is not busy being Bond, Mr Wright works as a commercial photographer
'The job can be very full on but there are peaks and troughs. I have about two or three jobs a month when there's not a Bond film out but during October and November this year I have 25 events and more bookings are still coming in.'
But Mr Wright claims there are few similarities between himself and 007.
'I am quite a fun person but Daniel Craig as Bond is very straight-faced and quite moody. When I pose for photos I put my Bond pout on.
'I have always watched the films – they are part of the fabric of British cinema.'
Mr Wright can be booked through 21entertainment.co.uk