Members enjoy Cranes, Ruff Sex and the Midnight Sun at North Norfolk Photographic Society
- Credit: Paul Richards
Twice in the course of two months members of North Norfolk Photographic Society have been given the opportunity to savour the sheer talent of their members.
After Howard Denner's pictures of showbiz stars in January, this month Lizzie Wallis and Paul Richards presented some of the stars of Northern lands. They called their presentation Cranes, Ruff Sex and the Midnight Sun - which neatly summed it up!
Paul and Lizzie went off in a camper van with their cameras (and some sausages) for three months to take photos of wildlife in Scandinavia. They opened their show with a map displaying their route, which took them after driving north from the English channel around Finland, and across to Sweden and Norway.
They chose to visit places where they had been to before and knew the photo opportunities to be good and others recommended by the 'locals'; for the most part around the coast and on the moor land just inland.
As well as Cranes and Ruffs - species of birds not often seen in England - there were foxes and hares and beautiful landscapes - but the birds were definitely centrestage. And, yes, the birds got up to a lot of sex!
You may also want to watch:
The Cranes were dancing with their partners; the Ruffs, after some initial preliminaries, were fighting for choice of mate. An interesting fact about Ruffs: some of the guys look like gals! All photographed with immaculate care and clarity. There was also in particular a beautiful photograph of a Bluethroat.
Meetings of the North Norfolk Photographic Society are normally held in Holt Community Centre on the first and third Wednesdays of each month. For further details contact the club secretary, Judith Wells, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, log on to the club website: www.nnphotosoc.org
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault