Stop talking about Brad and Jen and let them get on with their lives
- Credit: PA
After seven years together, Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux have announced their separation.
The couple made a statement to Associated Press on Thursday (February 15) and immediately fans were clamouring for Aniston to reconcile with her Hollywood ex-hubby Brad Pitt.
Twitter had a field day after coming to the realisation that Pitt is also single due to him being smack bang in the middle of a divorce from Angelina Jolie - the woman he left Aniston for.
Pitt and Aniston reportedly met in 1998 and were married from 2000 to 2005.
For many they were the dream Hollywood pairing - America's sweetheart and America's sexiest male. For some, they still are.
You may also want to watch:
For me, they're two people who deserve better from their so-called 'fans'.
They're both going through break-ups, which as we all know are incredibly tough. They deserve time to process their feelings, their losses. They deserve some respect and privacy.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
But are they getting this?
Instead of giving them a little space, people are busy tearing open old wounds and dragging up old relationships for their own entertainment.
You're all too focused on the fantasy of your 00s faves getting back together to think about how these rumours could impact the people themselves.
Yes, I know they were an iconic couple. Yes, I loved Brad's cameo in Friends. Yes, they would have had beautiful babies.
But my god, Jennifer and Justin literally just broke up, can't you give the two of them some room to breathe?