Is this the dream job for ale lovers?
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Ale lovers rejoice - Woodforde's Norfolk Ales are looking to recruit the best of the best to be their brewery tap's general manager.
An award-winning, busy Woodforde's ale pub is seeking a general manager with proven experience to help build and develop the business. Woodforde's has been brewing beer for more than 30 years, using water from their own spring, as well as various local ingredients such as Norfolk-grown barley.
Based at The Fur and Feather, Woodforde's Brewery Tap in Woodbastwick, the role will include ensuring the smooth running of the pub and all day to day tasks, front and back of house management, customer service and staff development.
Working in conjunction with the head chef, the successful candidate will strive to deliver excellence from both a food, beer and service perspective.
Applicants should be highly-motivated, confident and articulate, moreover they must possess a broad skill set which includes retail, leadership, management and customer experience.
Giving an overview of the job on offer, Woodforde's Natalie Douglas said: 'The position is a real opportunity for someone to come in and make it their own,
'We want someone with a rounded skillset to own the planning and forecasting, the commercial elements and the marketing.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in crash with 4x4 outside village pub
- 7 Some firefighters using foodbanks amid £18m payroll system 'farce'
- 8 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 9 Council refusing special school place for disabled girl
- 10 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
'We are looking for a leader, who's not afraid to get their hands dirty, someone who can work on their own initiative but also who can work with a team and encourage and motivate them to do their best.
'The role will offer the successful candidate plenty of variation, working across every aspect of pub management, and therefore one of great responsibility.'
The position will offer a competitive salary and bonus.
• If you think you've got what it takes to fulfil this role, apply today at jobs24.co.uk