How Christmas was celebrated in Wells over the years
- Credit: Archant
As people in Wells come together to celebrate Christmas, we have delved into our archives to see how the town enjoyed the festive period over the years.
The Wells Christmas Tide remains as popular as ever today.
Our pictures show the event from both 2015 and 2005.
Another picture shows people enjoying their Christmas dinner at Wells Day Centre in 1979.
Shoppers are pictured walking down Staithe Street, in Wells, perhaps carrying put some last-minute Christmas shopping.
You may also want to watch:
And workers are photographed filling Christmas stockings at Cartwright & Butler in Wells in 1986.
What do you think of Christmas in Wells?
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Let us know by adding your comments below.