How Christmas was celebrated in Wells over the years
- Credit: Archant
As people in Wells come together to celebrate Christmas, we have delved into our archives to see how the town enjoyed the festive period over the years.
The Wells Christmas Tide remains as popular as ever today.
Our pictures show the event from both 2015 and 2005.
Another picture shows people enjoying their Christmas dinner at Wells Day Centre in 1979.
Shoppers are pictured walking down Staithe Street, in Wells, perhaps carrying put some last-minute Christmas shopping.
And workers are photographed filling Christmas stockings at Cartwright & Butler in Wells in 1986.
What do you think of Christmas in Wells?
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 3 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 4 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 5 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 8 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 9 North Norfolk glamping site named among best in the UK
- 10 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
Let us know by adding your comments below.