Weird Norfolk Podcast - episode 30: The ghosts of intu Chapelfield, Norwich
- Credit: PC333/Youtube
This week we discuss the infamous red balloon ghost of Chapelfield Mall as well other hauntings in the shopping centre.
Some say the video is definitive proof that ghosts exist: a red balloon appears to be floating through intu Chapelfield shopping centre in Norwich as if being held by an invisible hand, it floats down the escalator and then comes to rest by a chair at a café area. Others believe that air conditioning, a draft or trickery is involved in the video which was taken by two CCTV cameras in the centre in 2008.
The footage shows a bright red balloon floating with seeming purpose from the doors which lead from Chapelfield Plain before it moves down the escalator looking as if it is being tugged by a string and hovering at what would be child-height if it was being held by a youngster.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 4 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 5 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month