Walpole St Peter’s Church filled with colour for flower festival
- Credit: Archant
Colour fills one of the most beautiful churches in the Fens as it stages its annual flower festival.
Walpole St Peter's Church has been decked out with displays on the theme of weddings through the years, as it stages its 57th festival.
Outside there are market stalls selling cakes, books, plants and produce.
The event got under way with a peal of bells on Saturday.
Visitors included Elizabeth Nockolds, West Norfolk council's portfolio holder for arts and heritage, who said: 'It's absolutely beautiful. For a small village to have a church like this is stunning.'
You may also want to watch:
Sunday's highlights include the flower festival service (10am), train rides, balsa wood gliders and ukulele band.
There will be maypole dancing at 1.30pm on Monday while the Anthony Curton School Choir will be performing at 1.30pm on Tuesday.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
The event runs from 9am - 5pm daily (Sun 11.15am - 5pm) until Wednesday, June 6.