Violinists Vladimir and Anton Jablokov set to appear at King’s Lynn Festival
- Credit: Archant
Violin-paying brothers Vladimir and Anton Jablokov who are exciting the music world with their dazzling performances will be guests of the BBC Concert Orchestra at a recording of Friday Night is Music Night during King's Lynn Festival.
BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce will be back in Lynn on July 26 to present the programme which will have as its theme heroes and Vvillains featuring music from the worlds of television, film, theatre and the classics.
Goodies and baddies from the Godfather, Pirates of the Caribbean, Game and Thrones and Robin Hood will be featured among numbers performed during the concert.
The popular BBC programme is making a welcome return two years after it put King's Lynn, the Festival and the Corn Exchange on the national stage and gave West Norfolk huge national profile over a period of several weeks.
Vladimir and Anton, who come from four generations of professional musicians with Russian roots, now live in Ireland.
You may also want to watch:
They have a shared gift of mastery of the classical violin and have performed together for 20 years.
They will also demonstrate their joy in music-making, virtuoso playing and flair for improvisation when they appear in Lynn on Sunday July 16.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
They will be performing as part of a programme of free concerts being staged in the Tuesday Market Place by Lynn Festival in conjunction with West Norfolk council to mark the start of the 67th Festival. The first festival was held in 1951 to celebrate the re-opening of King's Lynn's Guildhall of St George.
Vladimir and Anton are flying over from Ireland especially for the free one-day event based in the market square where they will perform on an outdoor stage. Their visit will also include a 45 minute session in the Corn Exchange when they will introduce the audience to their violins and their music and answer questions.
This year's King's Lynn Festival gets under way on Sunday, July 16. The next two weeks include a wide variety of orchestral concerts, jazz, folk, choral, classical recitals, talks, films, exhibitions and dozens of fringe events.
Tickets for Friday Night is Music Night are on sale at the Corn Exchange 01553 764864. For more information or to book visit www.kingslynnfestival.org.uk or call 01553 767557.