Steam trains set to return to mainline in Cromer
The special dining car services are being organised by the North Norfolk Railway, which operates the neighbouring heritage line.
Steam trains are set return to the mainline in Cromer this summer.
The special dining car services are being organised by the North Norfolk Railway, which operates the heritage line between the terminus in Sheringham and neighbouring Holt.
The first of the new services, which will start at Sheringham and run between Cromer and Holt, will operate on August 10.
Other services are planned on August 11, September 7 and 8.
You may also want to watch:
Trevor Eady. general manager at North Norfolk Railway, said: 'The plan to operate through to Cromer from the North Norfolk Railway has meant upgrading the coaching stock and equipping one of the based steam locomotives with additional equipment required for mainline operations.
'The Railway has had to hire a diesel locomotive which is registered for mainline use to haul the train to Cromer. The reason for this is there are no facilities at Cromer to change the locomotive from one end of the train to the other therefore the train will have a locomotive on both ends.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
'The current plan will see the steam locomotive hauling the train from Cromer through to Holt.'
Tickets, priced £55 per person, are now on sale for both the Lunch and Tea services. For further information, and to book, call 01263 820800.
Mr Eady added: 'Over the past year a considerable amount of work has been carried out involving Abellio, Network Rail, West Coast Rail and the North Norfolk Railway to offer a number of special Dining services to include Cromer.'