Photographer celebrates Norwich’s Magdalen Street in pictures
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A unique portrait celebrating the vibrancy and diversity of Norwich's Magdalen Street has been created by photographer Katherine Mager.
The 33-year-old, who lives in Magdalen Road with her partner Luke Abbott and three-year-old daughter Heather, has taken an array photos of the city street and the people who live and work there.
Later this month she is holding an exhibition of her work - called This Is The Place - at The Forum in Norwich.
'It came from living here really, walking up and down the street,' she said.
'I just wanted it to be a colourful, vibrant and positive representation of the street.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'I know that Magdalen Street isn't perfect, but it's a wonderful lively street full of great cafes, world food, vintage and secondhand shops - a great place to explore.
'It's a real city street, sometimes it feels a bit like Brick Lane in Norwich.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 9 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
She said the street was a great subject for a photographer because there was so much to choose from.
'There are so many businesses and things to photograph that I couldn't photograph everything. I tried to pick places that I found interesting as an artist,' she said.
'It's a lively, real, vibrant street with lovely friendly people.'
Miss Mager - a graduate of Norwich University of the Arts - has previously done photography projects with the Border Community Record Label, Cinema City, Norwich Arts Centre and ShopArt Norwich.
She received an Arts Council England grant for her Magdalen Street project and has also been supported by Anglia Square and Norfolk County Council.
This Is The Place - which has been curated by Alice Lee - will be at The Forum, in Norwich, from August 11 until 21. Entry is free.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com