Official opening for Hunstanton Spinney
- Credit: Matthew Usher
The newly refurbished Spinney in Hunstanton will be officially opened next Saturday, when the first community event is staged in the new performance area.
The event takes place between noon and 4pm, with the official ribbon-cutting ceremony scheduled for 2pm.
West Norfolk Mayor Elizabeth Watson will be joined by The Mayor of Hunstanton Elaine Clutton, for the ribbon-cutting.
This fun family event, organised by the Hunstanton Chamber of Trade, will be introduced by local performer and former town councillor Cliff Allman.
Other performances include John Giller's youth drama group, Hunstanton Concert Band, Tommy the Clown and morris and molly dancers.
You may also want to watch:
Children will also be able to enjoy traditional Punch and Judy, face painting, a treasure hunt around the town's shops and a fancy dress competition.
Michael Ruston, secretary of Hunstanton Chamber of Trade, said: 'This is, what we hope will be, the first of many events to be staged in this location, which will help encourage people up into the town centre.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
'We are looking forward to welcoming people to the area on the day.'
Alistair Beales, West Norfolk council's cabinet member for regeneration, said he expected the area would go from strength to strength.