New name chosen for revamped flats on King’s Lynn estate
- Credit: Submitted
The team behind the major regeneration of Hillington Square has released the latest name for the next block of flats as part of the development.
The iconic housing estate is currently undergoing a £30m regeneration, and the second phase set to be finished later this year will be called Valentine Place.
The name was chosen by those living in, or working near, the estate as part a series of early consultations by Freebridge Community Housing in 2013.
Their research also found that the community preferred to keep Hillington Square as the estate's name, and create identities for the individual blocks of flats.
Colin Davison, director of property at Freebridge, said: 'When we told the community that the name Millfleet Court had been chosen for Phase One at Hillington Square, we were delighted with the way it was welcomed by everyone, including the residents moving into the refurbished homes. By listening and responding to what local people told us, we are confident that the new name for Phase Two, Valentine Place, will be equally well received into the heart of the community.'
You may also want to watch:
Hillington Square was built in 1969 in an effort to improve housing for people living in King's Lynn.
One of the flats will be open on Sunday, September 13, as part of the town's Heritage Open Day for visitors to see the progress of the renovations.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 9 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
What do you think of the new name? Email firstname.lastname@example.org