New model Tornado aircraft lands at RAF Marham Aviation Heritage Centre
- Credit: Archant
RAF Marham's Aviation Heritage Centre has a new exhibit.
The model of a Tornado GR4 in II(AC) Sqn markings was given to the base's museum by defence contractor UTC Aerospace.
The model is the latest acquisition to the heritage centre's collection, which spans the entire history of the station from its First World War origins, to the present day.
'It is indeed an honour to receive this model from UTC,' said curator, Warrant Officer Steve Roberts. 'It is indicative of the closeness of the special relationship we have with our partner companies, when we are approached with such excellent additions to our collection.'
The item was sent from the UTC HQ and training facility in Westford Ma USA, specifically for the Heritage display.
You may also want to watch:
The heritage centre, which is near the main entrance to the base, will be open to the general public from 10am - 4pm on Saturday.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 7 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show