Nelson statue in Norwich Cathedral vandalised
- Credit: Archant
The Nelson statue in the grounds of Norwich Cathedral has been vandalised.
Black graffiti has been sprayed over the statue in The Close.
A ‘V’ with a circle has been sprayed on the front, which is believed to be an anarchy symbol, and the face of the statue has been painted black.
The back of the statue has also been sprayed black.
Norfolk Police confirmed they received a report that the statue had been damaged and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Across the country, many statues have been vandalised as part of Black Lives Matter protests.
Do you have any information on the graffiti? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich