Nelson statue in Norwich Cathedral vandalised
- Credit: Archant
The Nelson statue in the grounds of Norwich Cathedral has been vandalised.
Black graffiti has been sprayed over the statue in The Close.
A ‘V’ with a circle has been sprayed on the front, which is believed to be an anarchy symbol, and the face of the statue has been painted black.
The back of the statue has also been sprayed black.
Norfolk Police confirmed they received a report that the statue had been damaged and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Across the country, many statues have been vandalised as part of Black Lives Matter protests.
Do you have any information on the graffiti? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 McDonald's branch to close for up to three months
- 2 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
- 3 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 4 Man dies after 'industrial incident' at farm
- 5 Injured man found on Norfolk beach could be linked to woman's death
- 6 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 7 Tributes to 'well-known, well-liked, well-respected' King's Lynn fan
- 8 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 9 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 10 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband