Lord Nelson’s will to be sold at auction
- Credit: Archant
A will written by Lord Nelson before one of his greatest military victories will go under the auctioneer's hammer.
The Norfolk naval hero wrote the will aged 40 in March 1798 before sailing after the French fleet and beating them at the Battle of the Nile that August.
In the will he leaves money to his relatives and his possessions to his wife Frances.
The will had been loaned to a museum for 22 years but was found by auctioneer Raj Bisram who saw it while working for TV programme Four Rooms.
He bought it for £13,500 but expects to sell it for around £25,000.
You may also want to watch:
The sale will be held in July at Bentley's Auctioneers in Cranbrook, Kent.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 8 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 9 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 10 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn