Town Guides to combine historic walk with a pub crawl
- Credit: Archant
A new guided walk by King's Lynn Town Guides will incorporate a pub crawl as part of its summer programme.
The pub walk will include three stops along the route from Saturday Market Place to The Purfleet, allowing people to pause, have a drink and chat.
It is one of many new Monday evening walks to take place throughout June and July from 7pm.
Ivor Rowlands, who will be leading the pub walk on June 4, said: 'I've wanted to combine a historic walk with a pub crawl for a while, ever since I went on a similar walk around Kensington, a few years ago.
'There are several interesting historic buildings in King's Lynn that have recently been renovated or redeveloped into pubs, and I thought it would be interesting to devise a route that allows a stop for a drink in each of these.
'The walk isn't a history of pubs walk but is chance to learn more about King's Lynn's history whilst enjoying a drink in some of our historic buildings.'
This month saw the official opening of the Bishops of Chapel St at the former site of the Lattice House - one of a number of pubs to reopen in West Norfolk in the past year. Other new walks for the season include Fisherfolk, Merchants & Smugglers on July 23, Victorian-themed walks on July 16 and 30 and a return of the popular Gaywood Walk on July 9.
The South Lynn tour on June 11 takes visitors along the banks of the River Nar and traces Lynn's medieval boat building and whaling sites.
- 1 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 2 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
- 5 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 6 All of the Norfolk streets that won the Postcode Lottery in June
- 7 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 8 West Norfolk beach named the best in the east
- 9 John Bailey: Lord Botham, our cricketing angler/conservationist
- 10 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
Town Guides chairman Bob Price said: 'Our Monday evening walks are particularly popular with local people who would like to discover a different aspect of the town's history.
'They take place through June and July and some people have come to several of the walks, making a regular outing for a Monday evening through the summer.'
For more information or to book a place on any of the Monday evening walks, contact the Tourist Information Centre at the Custom House on 01553 763044.