King’s Lynn Mart 2020 will soon be in town
King's Lynn Mart is just around the corner.
The Tuesday Market Place will be filled with fairground rides of all shapes and sizes for two weeks.
This year's event runs from Friday, February 14 - Saturday, February 22.
The market place will be closed for parking from Monday, February 10, when ride owners will begin arriving.
The Mart has been pitching up in the centre of King's Lynn for more than 800 years.
You may also want to watch:
It was granted a Royal charter by King Henry VIII in 1537.
The fair marks the start of the travelling season for fairground families, many of whom have been working at the Mart for generations.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
When it finishes in Lynn, the Mart traditionally moves a few miles up the road to Wisbech.
Locals have a saying - Mart weather - for the February cold snap which often sees rides being set up in the snow.