Just Crafts set to return to Sandringham this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Top artists, designers and crafters are heading for West Norfolk this weekend.
Now in its third year, Just Crafts is returning to the Royal Estate at Sandringham from Friday, April 20 - Sunday, April 22.
The event is a craft show specifically for traditional artists, designers and crafters who design and make their own products.
Organisers Living Heritage say that it attracts some of the best in the country to demonstrate their talents, giving visitors the chance to buy an original piece.
This year's working craft demonstrations include spectacular chainsaw carving, where artists carve pieces from reclaimed timber.
You may also want to watch:
As well as working on carvings in the chainsaw arena throughout the day, there will also be speed-carves where artists have 30 minutes to make a piece of wood sculpture before it is auctioned off to the highest bidder.
Other attractions include glassblowing and bodging - making chair legs and braces, using a string powered lathe.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
There will also be demonstrations by blacksmiths, wood turners, corn dolly makers, fabric weavers and bee keepers.
Exhibitors include Barracuda Baths, who make sofas and chaise longues from upcycled baths; Mad About Nature Soaps, who make chemical-free cleansing products; pet sculptor Julia Hulme and Roz Lowe, who makes unique one-off pieces of stoneware.
The ever popular food halls on site will be hosting a wide range of food and drink including cheeses, wines, real ales, meats, pastries, cakes, cider and Mediterranean fare from regional and national producers and retailers.
Visitors can sample and buy a whole range of local and regional artisan products from producers including Candy Carnival, the English Chocolate Fountain, the Isle of Wight Garlic Farm, Jaccs Gourmet Coffee, Nibblenose Cheeses, Marron Liqueurs and Ciders, Posh Pots, Riverford Organics and Rose Cottage Liqueurs.
There will also be an EDP stand selling 'goody bags' containing an EDP, free magazine, water, crisps and chocolate for £1.50.
The show gates will be open from 10am - 6pm over all three days.
Tickets priced £7 (adults), £6.50 (over 65s) and £2 (child) will be available on the gate. Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome. For more information go to sandringhamcraftshow.co.uk.