Holocaust denier blames mix-up for including Norwich on speaking tour
- Credit: PA
Far-right writer and Holocaust denier David Irving has blamed a mix-up for including Norwich on his speaking tour of Britain.
Mr Irving, 78, is heading to Ipswich and Cambridge for a talk called 'My fifty years defending Real History against its enemies'.
According to national newspaper reports, Mr Irving was visiting Norwich as part of that tour but he said today that was a misprint which should have read Ipswich instead.
The venues of his talks are only being revealed to those who buy tickets.
Mr Irving has previously been banned from countries, including Australia, Canada and South Africa, but he overturned his ban on entering Germany using EU freedom of movement rules.
You may also want to watch:
A film called Denial is also being made about a libel case between him and historian Deborah Lipstadt in which he was ruled to be a Holocaust denier.
He has written books about the Nazis disputing historical evidence for the Holocaust.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure