Town’s war memorial given timely clean-up ahead of First World War centenary commemoration
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth's War Memorial has undergone a deep clean to commemorate 100 years since the end of the First World War.
The town's memorial won a competition ran by VariBlast, a specialist cleaning company based in Framingham Pigot, after they promised to clean three war memorials for free.
Sprowston War Memorial and Dereham War Memorial were the two other lucky winners of the competition who will be given a timely clean-up.
VariBlast is offering the service to celebrate its 10th anniversary.
Manager of the cleaning company, Ben Boydell, 33, said: 'It gives us great job satisfaction to be able to clean such a huge piece of history for the town. Everyone has been really pleased to see the work we have done so far.
You may also want to watch:
'It helps us to appreciate the history behind the memorial and gives us a great sense of patriotism.'
Business founder, Warren Farrow, 34, said the company has faced a challenging 10 years but 'would like to give something back to the Norfolk community and those who gave so much some 100 years ago'.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home