Forum exhibition will showcase photographs from decades gone by to kick off our Greetings From... postcard collection
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A collection of captivating photographs unfurling the county's history are to go on display in Norwich.
On Friday and Saturday, the Forum, in Norwich, will be decorated with the 60 striking images to kick off our Greetings From... postcard collection.
The pictures, taken across the county since the 1940s and archived in our library, will give readers the chance to wander through Norfolk's history, from Muhammad Ali's visit to the city in 1971 and a bus falling down a sink hole in 1988.
Over the next few weeks, we will share the photographs in this newspaper to create a nostalgic record of the area's past.
Nigel Pickover, editor of the Eastern Daily Press, said: 'Whether it's the memorable photo of the Earlham Road sinkhole swallowing a bus, or snapshots of life from decades gone by, these postcards will be a nostalgic journey back through time.
'At the EDP, we see stunning photographs of the people and places that make our region so special every day. It is a joy to now share a handful of these with you through the postcards.'
In Saturday's paper we will include three free postcards, and another two on Monday, August 22.
- 1 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
- 2 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 3 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 4 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 5 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 6 Couple who transformed old mill into unique new home put it up for sale
- 7 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 8 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 9 New headteacher appointed at village high school
- 10 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
From then on, until October 15, one postcard per weekday and two on Saturdays will be available to collect by redeeming a token printed in these pages.
Tokens can be redeemed at Archant offices, One Stop Stores and various independent shops.
The postcards can be collected into a special Greetings From... album, which is themed and decorated according to the decade and can be bought for £4.99
Along with our offices and One Stops, the album can be bought from www.buyamag.co.uk and Jarrolds.
The exhibition will run at the Forum from 9am to 5pm on Friday and Saturday. All the posters on display will be for sale.
• Do you have a Norwich story we should be writing about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org