Forum exhibition will showcase photographs from decades gone by to kick off our Greetings From... postcard collection
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A collection of captivating photographs unfurling the county's history are to go on display in Norwich.
On Friday and Saturday, the Forum, in Norwich, will be decorated with the 60 striking images to kick off our Greetings From... postcard collection.
The pictures, taken across the county since the 1940s and archived in our library, will give readers the chance to wander through Norfolk's history, from Muhammad Ali's visit to the city in 1971 and a bus falling down a sink hole in 1988.
Over the next few weeks, we will share the photographs in this newspaper to create a nostalgic record of the area's past.
Nigel Pickover, editor of the Eastern Daily Press, said: 'Whether it's the memorable photo of the Earlham Road sinkhole swallowing a bus, or snapshots of life from decades gone by, these postcards will be a nostalgic journey back through time.
You may also want to watch:
'At the EDP, we see stunning photographs of the people and places that make our region so special every day. It is a joy to now share a handful of these with you through the postcards.'
In Saturday's paper we will include three free postcards, and another two on Monday, August 22.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
From then on, until October 15, one postcard per weekday and two on Saturdays will be available to collect by redeeming a token printed in these pages.
Tokens can be redeemed at Archant offices, One Stop Stores and various independent shops.
The postcards can be collected into a special Greetings From... album, which is themed and decorated according to the decade and can be bought for £4.99
Along with our offices and One Stops, the album can be bought from www.buyamag.co.uk and Jarrolds.
The exhibition will run at the Forum from 9am to 5pm on Friday and Saturday. All the posters on display will be for sale.
• Do you have a Norwich story we should be writing about? Email firstname.lastname@example.org