Festivities show glitz and glam
A popular stately home in north Norfolk marked the end of a special anniversary year by turning back the clocks to the glamour of the pre-war years.
Situated near Aylsham, the 17th century Blickling Hall this year celebrated 75 years under the ownership of the National Trust.
Bequeathed to the conservation charity by Lord William Lothian in 1940, the property has thrived under its care. And to mark this special anniversary the hall held a Putting on the Glitz event over the past two weekends.
Antonia Gray is marketing coordinator at Blickling and said they had seen in excess of 4,000 people come to enjoy the event.
'The hall has been buzzing these past two weekends - it's been really good - and we've had some really positive feedback from people, which has been lovely.
You may also want to watch:
'There are so many volunteers that come in and give up their time to help put up the decorations. This year they are particularly beautiful.'
As well as festive food, there were bell ringers, performances by Norwich City Concert Band, Aylsham-based choir Vocalights and Fool's Puppet Theatre Companie.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 8 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
There were also people roaming around the grounds reenacting characters from the 1930s.
Blickling Hall will be hosting a family fun day on Saturday December 19 from 10.15am, which will include Christmas cheer and donkey rides.
To view more photos of the Putting on the Glitz event visit www.edp24.co.uk.