Festival celebrates the colourful array of cultures in Norwich
Cultures from around the world were celebrated and shared at a special festival in Norwich.
The Festival of Cultures, organised by Norwich and Central Norfolk Mind, was at the Forum on Saturday. It was the event's 10th anniversary and there was an array of food, music, performances and more from across the globe for people to enjoy.
Amrita Kulkarni, community development manager at Mind, said: 'It is a celebration of all the different cultures there are in Norwich and about sharing our differences and celebrating our similarities. The event shows how rich and culturally diverse Norwich is.'
Among the people taking part were the Bulgarians in Norwich and Norfolk (BNN) who were giving people the chance to try traditional Bulgarian food like baniza and patatnik.
Sasha Todorova, from BNN, said: 'It's lovely to find out about different cultures and to meet with new people.'
You may also want to watch:
The Time to Change Village was also at the event to encourage conversations about mental health.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way