Development of former RAF Coltishall base could be speeded up
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Norfolk County Council is hoping to hasten development and job creation on the former RAF Coltishall site by looking at change-ofuse applications being discussed in bulk rather than individually.
The authority's economic development sub committee will be asked to support the idea – to regenerate 67 buildings not currently let – at a meeting on September 21 in County Hall.
North Norfolk District Council and Broadland District Council, which make planning decisions for the county council-owned site now known as Scottow Enterprise Park, have to agree on the concept.
The change-of-use applications would be for buildings in the technical and former munitions storage area and the use of the runway and perimeter track.
Councillors will be told these proposals could create between 100 and 300 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Colleen Walker, committee chairman, said: 'We are looking for a bulk structure so we can save time on planning applications. There is quite a lot going on at the site and I'm impressed by the speed of movement. We are looking to do more.'
The committee will also be told the site's trading performance in the 2014/15 financial year was £335,546 – better than budgeted for. It is expected to generate an income of £993,000 in the 2015/16 financial year.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Do you have a Coltishall story? Email email@example.com