Competition launched to find winning logo for 41st Norwich Beer Festival glass
- Credit: Archant
There be dragons adorning glasses at the Norwich Beer Festival for a number of years and now the hunt is on for the magic design that will make the glass of 2018.
The annual competition has been launched by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to find the new logo for the 41st Norwich Beer Festival which will take place at St Andrews and Blackfriars Halls between October 22 and 27 this year.
Organisers are looking for innovative designs depicting a dragon of some form on the logo.
But those looking to take part in the competition will have to fire in their entries quickly as the deadline is 9pm on Monday, February 19.
Ian Stamp, the Norwich and Norfolk branch chairman, said 'We are hoping to receive lots of entries, although they must include a dragon in some form, the entrants can choose a setting or background of their choice.
'We always look forward to seeing the selection of talented entrants. The logo of the winner will be depicted on the festival glass, programme, and other merchandise'.
As always, the essential element is that a dragon must be included within the design, although abstract is acceptable.
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 7 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 8 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 9 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 10 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
A maximum of five colours (four is preferable) can be used, including any black or white parts of the design.
Entrants are asked to specify 'Adult' or 'Under-18' and include their name, contact details and age (if under-18) within the email.
The main winner will be judged by the organising committee and will receive £100 along with a selection of merchandise featuring their logo at the festival. There will be two runner-up prizes of complementary festival tickets, and the best under-18 entrant will receive a voucher.
All entries must be in a standard image format (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP, or PDF). Vector files are welcome as long as a standard image format is included. Hand drawn entries are acceptable, but must be scanned or photographed.
All entries must be emailed to email@example.com and be received before 9pm on Monday,. February 19.
The competition has been launched early as the Norwich and Norfolk branch will be hosting the Great British Beer Festival Winter which takes place between Tuesday, February 20th February and Saturday, February 24.