Competition launched to find winning logo for 41st Norwich Beer Festival glass
- Credit: Archant
There be dragons adorning glasses at the Norwich Beer Festival for a number of years and now the hunt is on for the magic design that will make the glass of 2018.
The annual competition has been launched by CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) to find the new logo for the 41st Norwich Beer Festival which will take place at St Andrews and Blackfriars Halls between October 22 and 27 this year.
Organisers are looking for innovative designs depicting a dragon of some form on the logo.
But those looking to take part in the competition will have to fire in their entries quickly as the deadline is 9pm on Monday, February 19.
Ian Stamp, the Norwich and Norfolk branch chairman, said 'We are hoping to receive lots of entries, although they must include a dragon in some form, the entrants can choose a setting or background of their choice.
You may also want to watch:
'We always look forward to seeing the selection of talented entrants. The logo of the winner will be depicted on the festival glass, programme, and other merchandise'.
As always, the essential element is that a dragon must be included within the design, although abstract is acceptable.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
A maximum of five colours (four is preferable) can be used, including any black or white parts of the design.
Entrants are asked to specify 'Adult' or 'Under-18' and include their name, contact details and age (if under-18) within the email.
The main winner will be judged by the organising committee and will receive £100 along with a selection of merchandise featuring their logo at the festival. There will be two runner-up prizes of complementary festival tickets, and the best under-18 entrant will receive a voucher.
All entries must be in a standard image format (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP, or PDF). Vector files are welcome as long as a standard image format is included. Hand drawn entries are acceptable, but must be scanned or photographed.
All entries must be emailed to email@example.com and be received before 9pm on Monday,. February 19.
The competition has been launched early as the Norwich and Norfolk branch will be hosting the Great British Beer Festival Winter which takes place between Tuesday, February 20th February and Saturday, February 24.