All set for carnival fun at the coast
Bungee jumping, a talent contest, bikini dip and street races are just some of the events set to make this year's Sheringham Carnival one to remember.
The carnival runs from Saturday, July 30 to Sunday, August 7 when the week-long programme of events culminates in parade day.
This year one of the new events which has been introduced is bungee jumping. Carnival chairman Stuart McClean, who came up with the idea, said: 'The idea is get 50 people to pay �70 a head which will help pay for the bungee jumping itself, then anything they raise above that �70 can go to a charity of their choice.' There are still 18 places left to be filled and anyone interested is urged to contact Mr McClean direct on 01263 824987.
There will also be a Norfolk Has Talent competition. The art, literary and photographic competition is open to all ages, with classes split into age groups for judging and prizes. Forms for the competition, which has a closing date of July 1, can be downloaded from the carnival website or from any tourist information centre in Norfolk.
There will also be the traditional bikini dip on the central beach in Sheringham, a golf competition, a sandcastle competition, a car boot and mind body and spirit fair and a 'mega' raffle which is running up until August 5.
You may also want to watch:
There have been several changes made to the long-running event by a new set of organisers, who took over in response to a mass resignation of former officials for a variety of reasons. Changes include the scrapping of all outsider street caterers in the town centre so it does not undermine local food businesses.
For details of the carnival, contact 01263 823546, email email@example.com or visit www.sheringhamcarnival.com
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021