All set for carnival fun at the coast
Bungee jumping, a talent contest, bikini dip and street races are just some of the events set to make this year's Sheringham Carnival one to remember.
The carnival runs from Saturday, July 30 to Sunday, August 7 when the week-long programme of events culminates in parade day.
This year one of the new events which has been introduced is bungee jumping. Carnival chairman Stuart McClean, who came up with the idea, said: 'The idea is get 50 people to pay �70 a head which will help pay for the bungee jumping itself, then anything they raise above that �70 can go to a charity of their choice.' There are still 18 places left to be filled and anyone interested is urged to contact Mr McClean direct on 01263 824987.
There will also be a Norfolk Has Talent competition. The art, literary and photographic competition is open to all ages, with classes split into age groups for judging and prizes. Forms for the competition, which has a closing date of July 1, can be downloaded from the carnival website or from any tourist information centre in Norfolk.
There will also be the traditional bikini dip on the central beach in Sheringham, a golf competition, a sandcastle competition, a car boot and mind body and spirit fair and a 'mega' raffle which is running up until August 5.
There have been several changes made to the long-running event by a new set of organisers, who took over in response to a mass resignation of former officials for a variety of reasons. Changes include the scrapping of all outsider street caterers in the town centre so it does not undermine local food businesses.
For details of the carnival, contact 01263 823546, email email@example.com or visit www.sheringhamcarnival.com
- 1 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 2 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 3 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 4 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 8 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 9 Enjoy afternoon tea onboard a steam train in Norfolk this summer
- 10 'We just want to hold our son' - Plea for help to bring miracle baby home