Photo gallery: Relive the It's a Knockout! competition at Thetford in 1974
- Credit: Archant Library
Thousands of people attended It's a Knockout! competitions at village fairs and town fetes across Norfolk in the 1970s and 1980s.
Today we are revisiting one of these popular events in Thetford held in 1974.
Inspired by the BBC game show series that started in 1966, the local versions of It's a Knockout! pitted teams against each other who fought to earn points by completing physical activities and challenges.
And on May 27, 1974 3,000 people attended the Thetford Round Table and Rotary Club's It's a Knockout! competition and fete.
Seven local firms fielded teams and the British Gas and Oil Burners Ltd. won. The victorious participants were presented with the Travenol Cup by "Miss Thetford," 18-year-old Miss Jean Ascomb.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps you can spot yourself or someone you know in these old photographs from the It's a Knockout! themed competition in Thetford in 1974.
For more Norfolk nostalgia and old photos like this sign up to our Through the Decades email newsletter.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 9 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 10 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford