Foodie Friday: World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Yesterday marked the celebration of World Book Day, where authors and schools around the world worked together to promote the importance of reading - and home-made fancy dress.
Ah, World Book Day... The day where children discover what their favourite book is. The day that it's fair to ask the question, 'What came first, the book or the costume?'. The day that literatures greatest characters and our wildest imaginations come to life. The day that most parents' Google search history consists of the words 'costume ideas' and 'HELP!'
So with the costume calamaties behind us, the Great British Chefs have huddled together to create trio of literary-inspired recipes that will not only provide nostalgia for you parents, but also allow for quality time with your children.
Why not get the whole family involved to create these delicious treats together? With Adam Simmonds' Turkish delight, Alyn Williams' honey flapjacks and Eric Chavot's daube de boeuf, there will be smiles all round!
You may also want to watch:
And hey, don't forget to send us your creations to email@example.com.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched