Foodie Friday: Vegetarian alternative to Christmas
- Credit: Great British Chefs
Whether you're having a vegetarian Christmas or simply require a vegetarian recipe for a guest, we have three recipes that are so delicious that even meat eaters will be satisfied!
Every Vegetarian's been there; eagerly turning up to a restaurant anticipating a feast to die for- but instead being greeted by a menu with barely any meat-free choices in sight. Especially around this time of the year too, when the traditional Vegetarian Christmas dinner consists of a dry nut roast, or a questionably anemic meat substitute, undoubtedly leaving the poor vegetarian wondering what the big fuss over Christmas dinner is all about in the first place.
However this week, our Great British Chefs have been working hard to avoid the anti-climax associated with all things Veggie, and instead, hope to inspire you all to branch out your meat-free horizons. With Andy Water's Veggie Wellington, Marcus Wareing's Cheesy Carrot bake and Alyn William's Snowman Sorbet, you'll be wondering why you've never tried them until now!
To view each recipe, click on the links above.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure you send us photos of your creations via Facebook today!
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Check back every Friday to see what festive delights the Great British Chefs suggest next.