Fitness in the fine city: Seven exciting exercise classes to join in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Want to get into shape and have fun while you work out? Here are seven exercise classes you can currently join in (and around) Norwich.
• Zumboline, High Altitude, Monday 6pm-7pm, £5
Kerry Daniels has been teaching Zumba around Norwich for the last four years and now she's brought the Latin inspired dance workout to the trampolines so you can enjoy a fun, calorie burning workout in a party style environment.
• Pole Fitness, Oasis Sports and Leisure Club, Saturday 10am-11am, £6.50
When most people think of pole dancing, they probably have a very clear cut image in their mind. Pole Fusion takes this stereotype and throws it out the window. A combination of pole dancing and fitness, this unique workout is open to people of all ages and ability, and is said to leave participants feeling strong and confident.
• Bodycombat, UEA Sportspark, Saturday 9.30am, £5.50
BODYCOMBAT is a non-contact, martial-arts based fitness class that combines different moves from karate, Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, kickboxing, Muay Thai and Thai Chi. Throughout the class you'll punch and kick your way to fitness, releasing stress and burning up to 740 calories per class.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 6 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 7 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 8 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 9 A11 closed as air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
• KTroo, INTO UEA, City Academy Norwich, Thursdays 6:30-7:15pm, £5 + £2.50 boot hire
KTroo is a new fitness class created by a former UEA student that offers high calorie burning, but with low impact. Jump around to your favourite songs in Rebound boots whilst toning your muscles like you never have before.
• Tap dancing, The Garage, Wednesday 8pm – 9pm, £30 per six week block
This series of beginner tap dancing classes are perfect for the aspiring Fred Astaire, or those looking to try something a little different. Taught by Cat Chapman, a qualified dance teacher, these lessons have something for everyone.
• Booty Barre, Oasis Sports and Leisure Club, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday various times, £5
This interesting sounding class combines fitness techniques from pilates, dance, calisthenics and yoga to help firm, tighten and tone your entire body without adding bulk.
• Buggy Buddies, Bannatyne Health Club and Spa, Wednesday and Friday 1.30pm-2.30pm
The buggy buddies workout is a fitness class for new mums wanting to get back into shape. It's a power-walking class that provides training and strengthening exercises and is also a great way to get out and socialise.
• Have you tried any of these classes? Let us know what you thought in the comments below.