The EDP says...Cat stuck up tree raises cash questions
- Credit: Archant
A cat stuck in a tree is such a well-spun tale that it almost seems apocryphal.
But in Wymondham it proved to be a tall tale – or a tall tail – as a moggy got stranded six stories up an oak tree for several days.
For the owner and the neighbours, it is a drama: people love cats and were rooting for Toby as he tried to escape.
But it's not just a drama, it's a conundrum. For while some people expect the fire service to ride to the rescue, others think it is a waste of their time and money.
There is no doubt that our emergency services have to watch every penny, and stranded cats should not rank as a top priority.
You may also want to watch:
But only the most heartless of people could object to the response and the result in this case.
Toby is safe and everybody is happy – the benefit seems to outweigh the cost.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR