Limited edition Caribbean menu launched in north Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Try authentic West Indian food at Number 29 for one weekend only
For one weekend only a restaurant on the north Norfolk coast is offering a very unique menu, influenced by a more tropical part of the world.
Number 29, Burnham Market (known for its incredible open fire cooked dishes) has welcomed head chef Tamara from sister restaurant The Gin Trap in Nevis, a small Caribbean Island. Tamara, working alongside executive chef Jeremy Parke, she's created a menu packed with West Indies flavours for diners to enjoy until bank holiday Monday - all made using prime, locally sourced ingredients (an exotic additions).
Rachael Parke, who runs the front of house, says: "We love the idea of our chefs working together and sharing flavours and ideas to give our customers a Caribbean taste right here in Burnham Market. Of course, Nevians are renowned for a relaxed, fun environment with great food and company, as well as dancing and singnig, so on Friday night and Sunday diners will be entertained by Kaya and Keb Rootz."
The menu includes locally reared pork ribs, marinated in a sticky, sweet sauce, slow-cooked and finishing off in the Green Egg, a seafood chowder with coconut dumpling, and mango cheesecake.
You may also want to watch:
"In Nevis, Johnny cakes are another speciality, almost like a savoury doughnut - they'll be served as an appetiser too," says Rachael.
Bookings are being taken now.
- 1 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 2 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 9 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 10 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m