Do you remember these Norwich gigs?
- Credit: Archant
On the 34th annual World Music Day, we look back at some of the biggest names to have taken to the stage in Norwich. How many of these concerts do you remember?
When it comes to music, Norwich has welcomed its fair share of global superstars as they belted out their hit songs, from the likes of U2 performing at the University of East Anglia (UEA) in the 1980s, to pop princess Taylor Swift gracing the stage in Earlham Park for Radio One's Big Weekend last year.
The images above show some of the artists that have played at venues across the city such as Carrow Road, UEA, The Waterfront and even in store at HMV. These acts include Nirvana, Amy Winehouse, and Sir Elton John.
Another big name featured in the gallery is Suffolk talent Ed Sheeran, who can be seen performing at UEA and outside The Forum as part of Future Radio's Next Big Thing competition, which he won back in 2008 before signing a record deal with Asylum Records in 2011.
Similarly, Grammy award-winning band Coldplay are seen singing in UEA's Blue Bar as part of a Live Lounge for Radio One's student tour in 2011.
You may also want to watch:
• Did you attend any of these concerts? Share your memories and photos with us on Twitter @EveningNews or email email@example.com
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR