Cutting out the catwalk: Nine things happening during Norwich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Fashion Week kicks off on Thursday, but if you haven't got a golden ticket to one of the catwalk shows then don't worry; there are lots of other events taking place all over the city. Here's a look at what else is on.
Thursday 10 March
• GHD hair re-style, John Lewis, all day, free event.
Visit the John Lewis GHD counter to receive a complimentary 30 minute hair re-style.
You may also want to watch:
Friday 11 March
• Your Style Personality Lunch, The Library, 11:30am, £20.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
Enjoy a two-course lunch at the Library Restaurant and take in a style presentation by award winning image consultant Claire Bunton.
• Denim Clinic, John Lewis, 10am – 1pm, free entry
Struggling to find the perfect pair of jeans? With a range of brands including Lee, Levi's, Mint Velvet, Not Your Daughter's Jeans, Oasis, Warehouse and Jigsaw, John Lewis' Denim Clinic is on hand to help you find the best fit for you.
• A Night at the Boudoir, The Doris Day Room at The Library Restaurant, 6pm-10pm, £10.
Looking for something a little different to do during Fashion Week? Why not attend a vintage pyjama party? Shop from rails of vintage lingerie and nightwear while drinking cocktails and learning how to create vintage inspired hair and make-up looks. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Saturday 12 March
• Intu Chapelfield Fashion Showcase, all day, free event.
On Saturday and Sunday, a summer garden will be brought to life inside the shopping centre with new SS16 collections and exclusive blogger footage on display.
• Castle Mall Style and Family Event, 11am-3pm, free event.
A day of stylish fun at the Castle Mall where adults can get advice on what to wear to suit their shape and children can design their own t-shirts.
Tuesday 15 March
• Jarrold Masai Spring Workshop, 11am, free event.
From 11am, Masai will be introducing their latest collection complete with a presentation and a chance to shop the looks.
Wednesday 16 March
• Design and Enterprise Day, OPEN, 10am – 4pm, free entry.
A free day of talks, workshops and of course shopping, the design and enterprise day aims to inspire and educate those with a passion for fashion.
• If the shoe fits, Museum of Norwich at the Bridewell, 7pm -9pm, £7
An evening celebrating the history of Norwich shoes. Discover from heritage experts how the shoe industry impacted Norwich and meet shoemakers from the UK's last traditional remaining ladies shoe factory.
• Send your Norwich Fashion Week event photos to Courtney.Pochin@archant.co.uk