Children’s favourite signals holiday fun on North Norfolk Railway
A children's favourite drew crowds to Weybourne at the weekend.
Thomas the Tank Engine and friends, from the popular TV series of the same name, visited the North Norfolk Railway for the Bank Holiday.
Young and old alike were invited to meet the Fat Controller, ride on a steam train and explore the Imagination Station.
The family fun day, which continues today (Monday), also included a bouncy castle and face painting.
Chrissie Rayment, business development manager at North Norfolk Railway, said: 'The little ones love it, they absolutely adore Thomas. It is also fun for adults too.'
You may also want to watch:
Claire Robinson, 27, from Dersingham, who was attending the event with her two-year-old son Antony, added: 'We have never been before but it is really well done, it is fun for all ages.'
The new station building at the line's terminus in Sheringham, which is set to accommodate the tourist information centre and toilet block, remained closed during the event.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
It had been due to open on April 1 but building works have been delayed and no date has yet been set for when it may open its doors.
Portaloos have been installed in the station car park until the works are completed and the tourist information service is currently housed in the station's ladies waiting room.
Meanwhile, the North Norfolk Railway is hosting a new volunteer recruitment day for anyone interested in volunteering on the line on MAy 14 at 10.30am. The day will include tours of the railway, a chance to meet like minded volunteers at work and gain an insight into the North Norfolk Railway and how to get involved.
For more information or to register your interest call: 01263 820 800 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org