Three chefs join forces for charity Valentine’s dinner
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Alternative Valentine's dinner to raise money for local cancer sufferer.
Three chefs are coming together at the end of February to host a belated Valentine's Day dinner with a difference.
Under the Charlie's Norfolk Food Heroes banner, Charlie Hodson and mates Andy Snowling from The Recruiting Sergeant and masterchef pro Jamie Mountford are joining forces at The Fur and Feather in Woodbastwick to raise money for Sophie Taylor – a four-year-old girl suffering with bone cancer.
The menu, priced at £19.95 per person, including a bottle of Woodforde's beer, will be a surprise on the night, but offers meat, fish and vegetarian options.
Charlie said: 'I was joking in the pub with friends, when we were talking about Valentine's, that a wife's for life – not just Valentine's Day. Then we thought a bit more about people who can't get away on Valentine's Day. Some people aren't that fortunate when they are at their child's bedside or at a hospice or hospital and we wanted to bring awareness to these full time carers. So I thought we could raise some money for a good, local cause.
'I mentioned it to Andy and Jamie and they were on board straight away. They're giving their time for free and they've helped me design the menu, which will be really cool.
'We'll cover our costs as a business, but it's one night of the year that it's not about profit- it's about getting money for the cause.'
- 1 ‘Porn addict’ Norfolk doctor who secretly filmed women struck off
- 2 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 3 5 famous faces who were born in King's Lynn
- 4 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 5 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 6 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 7 Woman’s death prompts ‘significant dangers’ warning over A11 cycle races
- 8 Seven people arrested after 50 vehicles stopped by police at Thickthorn
- 9 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 10 Norfolk start-up taking on retail giant Amazon
As well as couples, Charlie wants to encourage groups of friends to head along for the evening because, as he says, not everyone has a partner on Valentine's Day, but that's not a reason to stay at home.
'Come out and celebrate with your friends and help us raise some money. It's going to be a great night and I couldn't do it without the amazing support of the directors and staff of Woodforde's Brewery.'
Book your spot by calling 01603 720003.