What goes around, comes around... at Heathrow
- Credit: PA
Sharon Griffiths thinks she might have discovered the theme park from hell...
Relive that holiday experience! Refresh those memories! Come back with travellers' tales!
Yes, you too can spend endless hours of fun sitting in your very own airport terminal.
Heathrow is selling off everything from Terminal 1 which closed in 2015. You can buy the lot – 15 escalators, 2,000 security cameras, 110 checkout desks – stroppy staff not included - those hideously uncomfortable seats and even a couple of baggage carousels.
The kids have always wanted to go round and round on them and now they can.
You may also want to watch:
The whole lot will probably go to other airports but I wouldn't mind a bet someone will try and snap it all up for the theme park from hell.
Long after the last war ended there were still some Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle of the Philippines, unaware that the fighting was over. Maybe in the now ghostly Heathrow Terminal One there's a lonely passenger, still trying to get comfortable on those horrible chairs, wondering if their flight will ever be called…
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 5 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 8 Saver menus and pizzas - how pubs are opening under 'substantial meal' rule
- 9 'More substantial than a Scotch egg': Pub creates the 'Botched egg'
- 10 Man hit by lorry on A47 rushed to hospital with serious injuries