What goes around, comes around... at Heathrow
- Credit: PA
Sharon Griffiths thinks she might have discovered the theme park from hell...
Relive that holiday experience! Refresh those memories! Come back with travellers' tales!
Yes, you too can spend endless hours of fun sitting in your very own airport terminal.
Heathrow is selling off everything from Terminal 1 which closed in 2015. You can buy the lot – 15 escalators, 2,000 security cameras, 110 checkout desks – stroppy staff not included - those hideously uncomfortable seats and even a couple of baggage carousels.
The kids have always wanted to go round and round on them and now they can.
You may also want to watch:
The whole lot will probably go to other airports but I wouldn't mind a bet someone will try and snap it all up for the theme park from hell.
Long after the last war ended there were still some Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle of the Philippines, unaware that the fighting was over. Maybe in the now ghostly Heathrow Terminal One there's a lonely passenger, still trying to get comfortable on those horrible chairs, wondering if their flight will ever be called…
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'