59 photos of the Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival over the years
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
This weekend, Great Yarmouth's annual Maritime Festival will be taking place, which celebrates the town's maritime heritage. Here's a look back at the festival over recent years, can you spot yourself in the gallery?
Each year an armada of ships sail into Great Yarmouth for the Maritime Festival and the quaysides are filled with impressive vessels to explore, street entertainment to watch and live shanty music to listen to.
Over recent years the festival has hosted Gotheborg, a sailing replica of an 18th century Swedish East Indiaman and seen performances from DJR Jetski Freestyle Display Team.
This year the show will be visited by vessels such as the Earl of Pembroke, a 44m long schooner dating back to 1945 which has featured in television shows and films such as Hornblower and Treasure Island, as well as the Regal Lady, which was built in Fellowes Yard at Yarmouth in 1935 and served in the Dunkirk Fleet of Little Ships.
• Are you going to the Maritime Festival this weekend? Let us know what you're most looking forward to seeing in the comments below.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR