5 great places to warm up with a hot chocolate in Norwich this winter
- Credit: Archant © 2011
As the days get colder, there's nothing quite like treating yourself to a hot drink to chase away the chill. Here's a look at just a few of the places serving brilliant beverages in the city:
• Aroma, 5 Upper King Street
A cafe bar that prides itself on specialising in coffee and cocktails might not be the first place you'd think of when hunting down a decadent hot chocolate, but don't count out Aroma too soon. Whether you're after a traditional hot chocolate, a hot chocolate cocktail or something else entirely, there's every chance they can whip it up for you here.
• Strangers Coffee House, 21 Pottergate
Established in 2009, Strangers coffee have spent years perfecting their work, winning-awards for their speciality coffees, so it's safe to say they know how to make a good hot drink.
• Expresso Cafe & Catering, 12 St George's Street
This independent cafe in the city centre offers a range of daily specials made using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, from cakes and grilled ciabattas to super salads and soup. When it comes to drinks, visit here to warm yourself up with a marshmallow and Maltesers hot chocolate, which tastes as good as it looks.
- 1 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 2 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 3 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 6 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 7 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 8 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 9 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 10 First-time publicans transform their local and are already winning awards
• Pandora's Kitchen, 67 London Street
If you're after a hot chocolate with all the trimmings, Pandora's is the place to be. Their latest speciality hot chocolate menu is yet to be released, but is bound to be a winter winner. Previous flavours here have included rocky road, Milky Bar and Creme Egg.
• Frank's Bar, 19 Bedford Street
From the moment you walk into Frank's Bar you'll be met with a sense of calm. This chilled out spot in central Norwich offers a bit of everything, including music and movies. As an added bonus, the cafe-bar also offers soya and vegan drink options, so don't let dietary restrictions hold you back.
• Where's your favourite place to go for a hot drink in Norwich?