10 questions with... Dr Tim Kinnaird, owner of Macarons and More
- Credit: Norwich Science Festival
Each week we put a Norwich resident in the hot seat and ask them 10 questions about themselves. This week we spoke with Dr Tim Kinnaird of Macarons and More.
• Describe Norwich in three words…
Beautiful, everything, home.
• If you were stranded on a desert island with three other people, who would you want them to be?
Kirsty Allsop, Victoria Coren-Mitchell and Anthony Bourdain - for all my crafting, quizzing and cooking needs
• If you could be anyone else, who would you be?
Our Cockapoo Toby. His life is so uncomplicated.
- 1 Norfolk fish and chip shop named one of the 10 best in the UK
- 2 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 3 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 4 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 5 Woman accused of exposing herself to boy outside Lowestoft park
- 6 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in crash with 4x4 outside village pub
- 7 Some firefighters using foodbanks amid £18m payroll system 'farce'
- 8 Teenager died after choking on own vomit
- 9 Council refusing special school place for disabled girl
- 10 Police break up rave at country park
• How would you spend a perfect weekend in Norwich?
I love UEA, so probably walking around the lake and visiting the Sainsbury centre. Then waffles with the children at the Waffle House.
• Would you rather spend a night in front of the TV or a night out in the city?
Definitely the TV. My big night out days are thankfully over.
• What's your biggest fear?
The price of ground almonds. That and doctors.
• What's your mantra in life?
Keep going, you will be home soon.
• Which song defines your life?
It is too hard to choose one song. Fake Empire by The National is close to perfect.
• What one thing could you never be without?
• What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would pay off the mortgage, give the staff a pay rise and go on holiday… for ages. The rest I would give to a food bank.
• If you'd like to take part in this feature, email firstname.lastname@example.org