Let’s Rock Norwich! The Retro Festival headed for Earlham Park in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Music stars of the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s are set to rock a Norwich park next year in a new festival heading to the city.
Earlham Park – where in 2015 50,000 music fans also enjoyed Radio 1's Big Weekend – is to be the stage for Let's Rock Norwich! The Retro Festival next June.
Tony Hadley, Bananarama, Kim Wilde, Nik Kershaw and Go West are among the acts set to appear at the one-day festival on June 24.
Other acts include Howard Jones, Belinda Carlisle, Midge Ure, Alexander O'Neal, Chesney Hawkes, Boney M, Jaki Graham and Captain Sensible.
Let's Rock festivals have previously been held in other parts of the country, but this will be the first time one has been held in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Matt Smith, one of the organisers, said they were looking forward to bringing the event to the city.
'We have got a fantastic line-up of some 1980s legends, some really great acts,' he added.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
'It's also a family festival with something for everyone, and lots for children to do.'
Up to 15,000 music fans will be able to attend the event, with people being encouraged to step back through the decades and dress in 1980s attire.
Alongside the packed music programme, there will also be lots of entertainment for children, including circus workshops and a funfair.
Let's Rock! The Retro Festival also takes place in places including Cookham, Bristol, Leeds, Exeter, Southampton and London.
Let's Rock Norwich! The Retro Festival is at Earlham Park in Norwich on Saturday, June 24.
Tickets – which are now on sale at an early bird rate – cost £30 for adults, £16 for children, £85 for a family (two adults and two children) and £99 for a VIP ticket.
To book, visit www.letsrocknorwich.com
Do you have an arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com