Latitude: Matt Hunter on his first day at the festival complete with Lily Allen, Billy Bragg and Rudimental
So after my first day at Latitude how did I get on?
Yesterday was sweltering hot but this morning started with thunder.
Rain and lightning came to Henham Park just as the party had began to subside. I didn't get wet though. My super-duper budget three-man Asda tent prevented any rain from upsetting my sleep.
The whole day was a rush. Stampeding press marched from stage to stage to get their copy. For me Billy Bragg and Rudimental were to be reviewed.
But after leaving the sticky media tent it was time to explore more of the wonders on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Joined by EADT and EDP colleagues we caught a glimpse of Lily Allen. She's not one of my favourites but the crowd enjoyed her songs and on-stage banter.
Then it was time for Scottish ambient rock group Mogwai at the BBC Radio 6 Music Stage.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 3 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
Throbbing sounds mesmerised and will lead me to search out their discography.
Following this we decided a late night poetry binge was in order. Poets complete in wrestling spandex brought the house down with quick-fire rap rhymes. Funny, captivating and just a little rude it was worth watching.
By this time my legs were heavy but we brave four souls ventured to the In the Woods stage. There the disco mash-up saw hundreds dance to nightclub classics old and new. Music at the nearby iArena was also still on at this point. My day was made when the DJ started a mix which included Prince's Erotic City.